The Latest Staycation Ideas
The International Gem and Jewelry Show is coming back to Denver at the Denver Merchandise Mart. Every year the show features the largest collection of gems and jewelry under one roof. Nearly one hundred exhibitors will be there from all of your favorite regional and national retailers. It really is the best place to find a great deal on jewelry. The show runs from February 28th and runs through March 2nd. There is an admission charge of $8 for the show but you can at least get $2 off your admission if you plan ahead or even get your tickets for free. Just take a moment to read over the tips and suggestions which are outlined below. This includes coupons that you can use to save even more money on your admission to the 2014 International Gem and Jewelry Show at the Denver Merchandise Mart.
Tips & Coupons
- You can actually check with the International Gem and Jewelry Show ahead of time and they can send you a printable coupon that is good for $2 off your admission.
- In addition to that you can purchase your tickets ahead of time through the International Gem and Jewelry Show and get $2 off your admission as well.
- If any of your favorite retailers are exhibiting at the show just ask them if they have any coupons for the show. They will often have $2 off coupons or coupon codes that you can use for your online ticket purchase.
- Don’t forget to check the Intergem site for their Deal of the Day where they feature one piece of jewelry from the show at an even more amazing price.
Now the show travels throughout the country so if you want to attend another show at another venue then be sure to check out the International Gem and Jewelry Show coupons before you purchase your tickets to insure that you get the most savings possible.
Registration is well underway for the Spartan Race Colorado. This is the ultimate race that tests your strength, stamina, and resolve as you navigate through the obstacles ranging from climbing walls, rope swings, mud pits, and more. Race as an individual or race as a team. The 2014 edition of Spartan Race Colorado will be help on the weekend of May 3rd and 4th at Fort Carson in Colorado Springs. Before you register though, here are some tips and suggestions on how you can get a little extra savings off the total cost of your registration fees for Spartan Race Colorado.
Tips & Coupons
- If you have not already done so, go ahead and sign up for the email newsletter and you will be automatically sent a coupon good for $10 off your next Spartan Race registration.
- If you are in the military or are a first responder for Colorado then be sure to mention this during registration and you will get $30 of the cost of your registration fees for Spartan Race Colorado.
- If you are a student you can register as a student and get $10 off the cost of your registration fees. You may be asked to show your student ID at the registration table on the day of the race.
- Take advantage of the early registration discounts. Register before April 30th and you will get at least $5 off the cost of your registration for the race. Register even sooner and you’ll save up to $30 off the total cost of your registration.
- Finally, when you are registering for the Spartan Race Colorado be sure to take advantage of the available coupon codes. You should notice a coupon code box on the checkout page. Enter SPRINT15 to get $15 off your registration, SUPER25 to get $25 off registration, or BEAST35 to get $35 off registration.
Registering for another race at another location? Be sure to check out the Spartan Race coupons before you do to make sure that you get the most savings possible off the total cost of your registrations for the next Spartan Race.
Don’t miss out on this family fun for all this holiday season. The Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities will play host to A Christmas Carol, The Musical, which will be featuring music by the award winning composer, Alan Menken (Disney’s Beauty and the Beast , Aladdin and The Little Mermaid ). The musical opens November 26th (previews from November 22nd through the 24th) through December 22nd. You can go ahead an purchase your tickets now to reserve your seats. Get your tickets ahead of time through local ticket discounter Goldstar and SAVE 50% OFF the cost of each ticket for the performance of A Christmas Carol, The Musical at the Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities.
Now if you miss out on this ticket deal you can steal save money in another way. If you are a AAA member then you will want to use the promo code 3876 when purchasing your tickets. You should notice a promo code box at the top of the checkout page of the Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities website. Enter the promo code in that box and click submit. This coupon will get you a $12 discount on each ticket. You may be asked to show your membership ID when picking up your tickets though.
Also, be sure to read the Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities blog. They will often run 48 hour sales where they give you a promo code to use on your ticket purchases for select performances, which could include discounts for A Christmas Carol, The Musical. Finally, sign up for their email newsletter or follow them on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and promotions.
Get ready to laugh out loud because Avenue Q is coming to town. You’ll have from October 4th through November 3rd to catch this Winner of the Tony Triple Crown. That’s a winner for the best musical, best score, and best book. Performances will be on Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 pm and on Sundays at 2:30 pm. Tickets are available right now if you want to go ahead and reserve your seat. Of course before you order your tickets, be sure to read over the tips which are shown below which should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission to the Avenue Q performance at the Aurora Fox Arts Center.
Tips & Coupons
- If you are in the military then check into the military discounts offered on tickets at the Aurora Fox Arts Center. At last check they offer a $4 discount for those serving the military.
- If you are senior then be sure to mention this when buying your tickets and you will receive $4 off your ticket for any Avenue Q performance at the Aurora Fox Arts Center.
- If you are a student then just show your student ID and you will also receive $4 off your ticket for Avenue Q.
- If you happen to get together a group of six or more people you can purchase your Avenue Q tickets together and everyone in the group will receive $4 off their admission as well.
- Be sure to follow the Aurora Fox Arts Center on Facebook and Twitter. They will keep you informed of all of the latest news and promotions on tickets.
- Check with the Denver Convention & Visitors Bureau. The do offer a few coupons and discounts for local attractions and activities. At last check you can actually purchase your Avenue Q tickets through them and also save $4 off your ticket.
If you have not already done so you might want to take the time to see the much anticipated Cirque du Soleil show Amaluna. It is being performed at the Grand Chapiteau at the Pepsi Center. See this Shakespeare inspired magical performance under the big top tent like you have never seen it before. All of the shows are held nightly at 8 pm except for the Friday and Saturday shows which will be held at 4 pm as well as 8 pm. Tickets are on sale right now and if you go ahead and purchase your Cirque du Soleil Amaluna tickets ahead of time through local ticket discounter Goldstar you can save as much as 30% OFF the total cost of your tickets. Now if you miss out on this deal there are still several other ways that you can save a little extra money off the total cost of your tickets.
Tips & Coupons
- Get the family 4 pack. With this you get 2 adults and 2 kids tickets for a discounted price to see Amaluna. Right now ticket prices start as low as $256 for a set of 4 tickets.
- If you purchase your Amaluna tickets through Cirque du Soleil you can save as much as 25% off your tickets.
- If you own a VISA Signature card, purchase your tickets using the card and you will get special offers with your purchase.
- Don’t forget that if you area student, senior, or are in the military to be sure to mention this when purchasing your tickets to receive and additional discount.
- Corporate and group discounts are also available for the Cirque du Soleil show. You will just need to ask ahead of time in regards to these types of discounts.
- Finally, don’t forget to join the Cirque Club for the latest news on upcoming shows, promotions, and more.
A great destination to always visit on your Denver staycation is Estes Park. This little mountain town is only about an hour and a half north of Denver. Spend the whole day and enjoy the shopping, restaurants, and plenty of fun outdoor activities. Before you visit though, you will want to get the Rocky Card. This card acts like a coupon book that you carry around with you while in Estes Park. It gives you tons of discounts for area restaurants, shopping, and activities. Use the card as many times as you like for the entire year. Plus, all of the proceeds go to nonprofit organizations in the area. The 2013 Rocky Card costs just $10. See here for further details and to purchase the 2013 Rocky Card.
Visit the Children’s Museum of Denver on the first Tuesday of every Month (except for holidays) next year and get free admission when you visit between 4 pm and 8 pm. This is thanks to Target. Bring the whole family and everyone gets in free! The first date is Tuesday, January 8th. See HERE for further details on this event at the Children’s Museum of Denver.
See Denver’s top cultural and entertainment attractions for less with the Denver 2 for 1 TIX program. It is offered by the Arts & Venues Denver and VISIT DENVER. This free program is exactly what the name implies. You get 2 tickets for the price of one to select cultural and entertainment attractions in the Denver area. Deals are updated each week so you will want to keep checking back. See HERE for further details and for ticket purchasing.
Here’s a great event for kids this month. Bring them to Southlands every Thursday for Kidtopia. Each week features a special guest from either the Butterfly Pavilion, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, or Morning Star Miniature Ranch.
It’s a fun event for kids with amazing things to do. In addition to the guests there is also live entertainment and music provided by Radio Disney. The event is held at Town Square from 5:30 pm to 7: 30 pm, June 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th. There is no cost for this event. It is free for all to enjoy!
On Sundays this summer you can join everyone at the bandstand by the Pavilion on Ferril Lake for the City Park Jazz Concerts. Bring a blanket or folding chair, though you probably won’t be sitting much. This fun summer concert series is very festive and there’s a lot of dancing. Each week features a new Jazz performer. There is free parking at the park but a lot of people prefer to take the RTD public transportation or even bike to the park.
This is a totally free event each Sunday, starting June 3rd through August 5th. The event starts at 5 pm and goes on until 8:30 pm. Performances start around 6 pm and end around 8 pm. So come out and enjoy some great live Jazz music. The show goes on, rain or shine!